Project Post #4



This week, I was very interested in the lies the camera can tell, skewing and obscuring identities.
Rexer describes how the photos of today can, “...reconstruct rather than document” (74). 
I wanted to both shoot new photos and revisit ones I have taken so far but not posted, and see the ways
in which I have used the camera to lie. Personally, I try to create new photos while keeping the intent
and truth of the situation intact, while eliminating or adding details that take away from the story I am
trying to tell.  Make, don’t take photos, right? 
The first two are intentionally similar, but the changes from the first to the second shows the
truth in the situation. The smiles fade, the items get heavy, and the posing becomes apparent. 
The last photo is a great example of a creation with good intentions that had a mishap-with careful
cropping and editing, the story can be changed. 
(For some context, I was bringing groceries to my grandparents)

Glad you're on the planet,
Leena





Comments

Popular Posts