Project Post #6

Good evening, 


Within the confines of a state not particularly known for its landscape views, and it being difficult
to visit state parks, as well as covid-19, I decided to hone in much closer on my definition of
“landscape”. I had a lot of fun searching for smaller scale landscapes in Milwaukee, and also
involving the presence of the pandemic in a couple, which is coming to be slightly more
challenging now that things are starting to reopen. 
In most of these, I chose to include the hand of man, instead of searching for an untampered
environment. I found some salt piles downtown that mimicked the look of mountains, and
are strangely dioramic in their appearance. Plus, the open field of dandelions expands beyond
that, but I liked the look of a shallow area that hides what is beyond, and imitates a larger
landscape. They could be a cardboard cutout for a set, and look like they could fall over
with a light push, artificial and natural together, strangely. So little is untouched anymore,
especially in a city, that finding moments of  natural or artificial tranquility is refreshing. 


Glad you’re on the planet, 

Leena 











Comments

Popular Posts